The aftermath of pigmentation is a dark skin. Is has been proved that a dark skin complexion has more melanin in it, as compared to a fair skin. More melanin means more dark spots and ugly blemishes. There are quite a few natural remedies for a dark skin; which are side effect free. When your skin starts turning brown; it is an indication that dark skin is in the offing, an onlooker would notice it before you can and would tell you; if he/she happens to be known to you. However, sun tanning should not be confused with darkening of the skin, though it is agreed that the UV rays of the Sun does increase the melanin level in the skin.
Dark skinned people can also benefit from the treatments which are mentioned here. The genes which are present in one cannot be replaced; however, dark skinned people need not worry. The usage of heavy chemical based makeup causes untold damage to the skin; so it should be avoided. To treat dark skin you should do the following things-
- Potato slices should be placed on the affected area; infact this is an established method for the removal of black spots.
- Black spots can be removed by the application of freshly cut mint leaf pulp for about 10-15 minutes and then washed off and patted dry.
- If you want your tan to be removed then the regular application of turmeric powder and fresh lime juice is very effective. Infact it is a reliable remover of dark skin, as lime is supposed to be natural bleach.
- A facial pack of dry orange peel powder and yogurt; should be put on the face and left to dry. However, it should be patted dry after being washed.
- Similarly a face pack made using gram flour, raw milk and a few droplets of lemon juice should be applied on the face for the lightening of dark skin.
- A decoction made using honey, lime juice and almond oil should be used on dark skin to lighten it.
- Aloe vera is supposed to be the best for removing black spots, so it should be used in any form on a regular basis. Its gel form should be applied on the dark skin for about 15 minute’s everyday.
- A paste made of almonds which have been soaked overnight should be applied on the face before tuning in for the night and then washed off next morning.
- A paste made of the juice of tomatoes, yogurt and oatmeal should be applied on the dark skinned parts of the body and left for 20 minutes; then washed off with cold water and patted dry.