Improperly treated cough and common cold leads to bronchitis and the symptoms are very conspicuous; a person suffers from congestion, throat ache and in most cases a fever. These bronchitis symptoms fade away on their own accord in a couple of days, however if they do not, then consulting a doctor is the best resort. People afflicted by bronchitis; tend to get into bed most of the times, though this not necessary in these contemporary times due to facilities like central heating etc; though chronic symptoms may lead to complete bed rest and your family doctor may suggest this also.
Though, on second thoughts; it is recommended that an ailing person should take rest as roaming around in exposed places would only aggravate the situation. Children are advised to be well clad and their feet should not be exposed at any cost; as cold gets into the body from the feet first. It is also suggested that a humidifier in the form of some herbal solution should be kept simmering in the ailing person’s room and cross ventilation should be apt; as fresh air is the key to health. One good news however, is that bronchitis does not relapse for a couple of year’s atleast. This ailment is totally curable these days; not like earlier times where the greybeard took preventive measures to protect their families before the onset of the winter season.
In contemporary times there are very many potent remedies for bronchitis and to know more about them read on. Ofcourse, a good massage with some warm liniment on the chest with aspirin eases bronchitis symptoms a lot.
Cures for Bronchitis-
- Athena’s oil -To alleviate bronchitis symptoms; the oil of Athena should be concocted with ½ a cup of sunflower oil along with essential oils of eucalyptus, clove and cinnamon. This decoction should be bottled and inhaled from time to time by using handkerchief or as an alternative some droplets of this decoction should be mixed in 1 liter of boiling water and the resulting steam inhaled.
- Garlic- Finely chopped garlic cloves should be simmered in water and solution should be used as an inhalant by simmering it meant that the water with the cloves in it should be boiled and the steam should be inhaled.
- Carrot juice- This juice should be imbibed warm to alleviate bronchitis symptoms.
- Lemon with wine- This concoction with a wee bit of honey; results in profuse sweating, though, this is one of the proven remedies for bronchitis.
- Juniper essential oil- The fumes of this oil after being mixed with boiling water is very good for bronchitis.
- Slippery elm- The bark powder of slippery elm should be mixed in warm water containing honey with a tinge of cayenne in it; this solution should be imbibed twice a day, incidentally this is one of the most efficacious remedies for bronchitis.
At the end of it all it is suggested to eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables to boost up your immune system and ward off the ailment.